SENIOR PHOTO SESSION TIPS
What To Expect: Congrats on your upcoming graduation from high school! Senior photo sessions are an amazing way to document such an important chapter in your life! While you have a few options in terms of where your session will be located, number of outfit changes, etc. I have detailed a few tips below that apply to everyone, regardless of the package you have selected. Keep in mind that this session should be fun and breezy. Although I will certainly help pose and direct your little one, I actually prefer to capture the natural, candid moments as they come! So have fun and be yourself!
What To Wear
- Choose clothing that suits your style and fits your personality, but feel free to kick it up a notch! What does that mean? Well if you are normally a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal, throw on a scarf or a pair of heels to dress it up.
- Layers are amazing way to add interest to your session. If you opt for a cute sundress, bring a cardigan and a scarf too - adding and removing layers is a fun way to mix up photos. Don't worry about being too matchy-matchy as long as your items coordinate.
- Don't forget to accessorize! Adding earrings, necklaces and other accessories that are in tune with your style are great way to add contrast and interest to your photos! For you guys out there, don't be afraid to accessorize with a watch, a hat or anything else that is "you!"
- Try to stay away from very busy patterns that take away from you. We want you to be the focus of your photos! Patterns like plaids, polka dots and paisley's are actually pretty cute, just try not to go overboard on the prints.
Hair and Makeup: If it is within your budget, consider adding hair and makeup services to your package. This will allow you to enjoy a little pampering before your session and it’s always fun to have someone else do your hair and makeup and give you a little boost of confidence knowing you look and feel amazing! If you prefer to do your hair and makeup on your own, opt for a bit more “glam” if you typically do not wear a lot of makeup or style your hair every day. I recommend keeping hair down unless it is pulled into a styled bun. Don’t get me wrong – my hair is in a pony tail 99% of my life, but for photos, choose a style that is pretty and put together.
What To Bring:
- Props: Feel free to bring any props that you might like to incorporate into your photo shoot. A few ideas include:
- Blanket to sit on if you'd like! I can bring one too if you want to incorporate this into your photos.
- Sports/activity props (footballs, basketball, cheerleading pom poms, musical instrument, etc.)
- Pet: If you would like to bring a pet you may do so at the end of your session (additional fees may apply)
What You Get: You will receive a link to a private online gallery where you will be able to download images (included in price) and purchase prints or other items if you’d like. You are of course welcome to print the photos and use them for personal use. I will be posting a sneak peek on my Facebook page as well, so you can get a glimpse of the photos a few days after (or maybe even sooner!) If you share on social media sites, I just ask that you give credit to me by including a link to my page if possible.