FAMILY PHOTO SESSION TIPS
What To Expect: This session is a great way to update your family photos or document a special milestone. The session will be held at one location and will last approximately 60 minutes. Keep in mind that this session should be fun and breezy. Although I will certainly help pose and direct you, I actually prefer to capture the natural, candid moments as they come! So have fun and be yourself!
What To Wear:
- No need to make sure everyone is matching! As long as colors and layers are coordinating (meaning they are similar styles and shades) don't worry about matching patterns or dressing everyone the same. Select pieces that reflect you and your children’s personalities.
- Try to stay away from very busy patterns that take away from each individual. We want you and your children to be the focus of your photos! Patterns like plaids, polka dots and paisley's are actually pretty cute, just try not to go overboard on the prints.
- I typically use a white background with a white/ivory rug for a lot of the children’s photos I take in my studio. Bright colors look awesome against the white background! The same goes for outdoor sessions (especially during the winter).
- If your session is outdoors, dress for the weather and LAYER! If your session is early in the morning, make sure to check the weather so you aren't shivering in your photos. Layering is a great way to add interest to your photos and if the kids get hot or cold they can put a sweater on or take a jacket off. Mom's and Dad's - you know best, so I'm sure you'll be more than prepared!
What To Bring:
- Props: Feel free to bring any props that you might like to incorporate into your photo shoot. A few ideas for sessions with children include
- Blanket that's large enough for everyone to sit on
- Children's stool or chair (wooden ones look great!
- Sports props (footballs, basketball, etc.), books, toys, etc.
- Snacks/Water: I know this is a short session, but if you have children, you may want to bring a few snacks to munch on if the session falls during snack time.
What You Get: You will receive a link to a private online gallery where you will be able to download images (included in price) and purchase prints or other items if you’d like. You are of course welcome to print the photos and use them for personal use. I will be posting a sneak peek on my Facebook page as well, so you can get a glimpse of the photos a few days after (or maybe even sooner!) If you share on social media sites, I just ask that you give credit to me by including a link to my page if possible.